If you are one of my Austin Builder buddies (or general Building Science fans), I want to invite you to a job site tour & lecture Eric Rauser and I are give in two weeks. We will be touring my first “Perfect Wall” house. I’ll be blogging on this extensively in the future, but I’ve been waiting till I had more pictures. Anyhow, here’s the invite that was sent from the HBA. If you’re not an HBA member you can still come, just email me or comment to RSVP.
THURSDAY, APRIL 17th – 11:30am – 1:00pm
A PERFECT WALL
Join us for a special CBRC “Lunch & Learn” meeting – A TOUR – on Thursday, April 17th from 11:30am – 1:00pm.
Borrowing heavily from the teachings of Joe Lstiburek, we have designed a simple house that uses a simple but unconventional method for insulation and infiltration management. The design of the house, from the structure to the MEP systems to the finishes, are an outgrowth of that initial idea.
· Learn the components of the “Perfect Wall”
· Understand how the wall system deals with temperature, humidity, infiltration, condensation, etc. (This is a full Peel & Stick exterior using Carlisle Products)
· Understand the strategies for air-handling in a tightly sealed house
· Understand the design trade-offs of using the system
· See how a house can be conditioned with a 3 head Mitsubishi mini-split system
· See the details for using 3″ of Exterior Rigid Foam on the walls and 6″ of Rigid Foam on the roof
· Learn the principles of a rain-screen siding installation
Presented by Eric Rauser, AIA and Matt Risinger of Risinger Homes.
ARRIVE ON SITE AT 11:30AM. Free Spicy Pickle Boxed Lunch will be provided by Carlisle (RSVP’s are a must for lunch.)
There is plenty of street parking – please be courteous of the neighbors!
For more information, contact Debbie Horridge, HBA Membership Director,
at (512) 454-5588, ext. 103.
HOPE YOU CAN JOIN US!
– Risinger Homes in Austin, TX
Risinger Homes is a custom builder and whole house remodeling contractor that specializes in Architect driven and fine craftsmanship work. We utilize an in-house carpentry staff and the latest building science research to build dramatically more efficient, healthy and durable homes.
Be sure to check out my video blog on YouTube, and follow me on Twitter @MattRisinger
You can also check out my new Amazon Store here with Matt Risinger approved items.