I had a terrific time at this year’s 2015 International Builders Show in Las Vegas! My pro video crew from Austin joined me and we shot a TON of good video. In this playlist we’ve got all kinds of things I thought were interesting. I hope you enjoy the videos as much as I enjoyed making them! I’m planning to do this again in 2016 so if you have something you know about that I might like to see next year be sure to contact me.
I’m always on the lookout for the following things:
- The BEST practices and products when it comes to waterproofing & weatherization. Water is a house’s #1 enemy so this category is my top choice to discuss
- Hardware! I love good hardware. Especially hidden doors, pocket door, and doors in motion.
- HVAC. Comfort is the missing element in many pretty custom homes. Efficient & comfortable HVAC systems are key
- Insulation & Air Sealing. Tight is Right! These systems will be working towards efficiency through many cycles of kitchens & HVAC systems being changed out.
- Windows & Doors. I work for Architects and they are magicians when it comes to light. These affect so much of how you “feel” about your house.
- Other Products: I’m always on the prowl for “the best”. Products that are far above the quality of “builder grade” (I hate that term BTW)
Lastly, if you aren’t a current subscriber to the Journal of Light Construction I highly recommend that magazine. I’ve got a $9.99/year offer for my blog followers on this link only! I’ve been reading JLC for about 15 years now and I’ve learned SO much over the years. It’s been invaluable in my education as a professional contractor. I’m now writing for them and I’ve had several articles published too. By subscribing you’ll have access to their online archives also. They helped sponsor my IBS trip this year and I’m grateful to their partnership in my blog (and their commitment to bettering our industry through education).
Matt Risinger – Risinger Homes in Austin, TX
Visit my Blog at www.MattRisinger.com
Risinger Homes is a custom builder and whole house remodeling contractor that specializes in Architect driven and fine craftsmanship work. We utilize an in-house carpentry staff and the latest building science research to build dramatically more efficient, healthy and durable homes.
Be sure to check out my video blog on YouTube
follow me on Twitter @MattRisinger (I’m most active on Twitter)